Wednesday, March 23, 2016

REVIEW | Burger King Classic Dogs

Sunday I elected to take the opportunity to try the new Burger King Grilled Dogs.  I opted for the Classic Dog (since I am not a fan of chili and/or cheese).  The hot dog itself was great, presentation would have gotten an "F."  The hot dog with the condiments looked NOTHING like it does on TV.  I can say that I didn't have an overabundance of one condiment more the the other.  It was pretty even.

I ordered the meal which included the dog, fries, and a drink.  Since I upsized my meal from small to medium, the meal itself ended up being $6.00 even.  I noted that a grilled dog without the meal is $1.99 plus tax.

On a 5 star rating scale, I would give the hot dogs a 3.5 stars out of 5.  Based on the presentation and taste of the hot dog, it was nothing special.  Honestly, I can say that I have had better grilled cookout hot dogs than the Burger King Classic Dogs.  I wouldn't say that I would never eat another one again, however, I wouldn't think to go to Burger King ALL the time to get a hot dog.  My options of ordering another Classic dog would be 1) the weather; if there are no cookouts going on in the area and I had a craving for a hot dog I would go; 2) food at home; I feel that I could grill/cook a better hot dog than that at home; and 3) last minute choice; if none of the above were available, I was craving a hot dog, and I had NO where else to go, I would go to Burger King.

Let me know your thoughts on the BK Grilled Dogs.  How was your dog?  Would you go again?  Do you think it's worth it?  Share your thoughts in the comment section.  Also, here is the link to my YouTube review as I was trying the hot dog in action!

Peace & Happiness :)

~Erika B.

No comments:

Post a Comment